Magmatism of the Earth and related strategic metal deposits
We cordially invite you and your colleagues to attend the 33 International Conference on Magmatism of the Earth and Related Strategic Metal Deposits, which will be held from August 4 to August 9, 2017 at the Institute of Mineralogy the Ural Branch of RAS in Miass, Ilmen mountains (Chelabinsk Region).
The Ilmen Mountains is a part of South Ural. This place is famous for its beautiful scenery and unmatched diversity of minerals - have always been a mecca for scientists, geological students and mineral enthusiasts worldwide.
Scientific study of the area started over 200 years ago when Russia and Europe first got to know about the mineral riches of the Ural. The history of geological study of this territory is connected to the real giants of geology: A. Humboldt, G. Rose, V. I. Vernadsky, I. Menge, A.E. Fersman, A. N. Zavaritsky, D.S. Korzhinsky, N. I. Koksharov, P. V. Yeremeyev, A. P. Karpinsky, D. S. Beljankin and many others In 1920 the Ilmens were declared a mineralogical reserve: one of Russia's first natural reserves. Now it was grown to the scientific and education cluster, including organizations in Miass and Yekaterinburg.
Organizers of the conference:
- V.I. Vernadsky Institute of Geochemistry and Analytical Chemistry RAS
- Institute of Mineralogy Urals Branch of RAS
- Critical Metals Workshop (CM’2017)
- Russian Scientific Foundation (RNF)
L.N. Kogarko (GEOKHI RAS, Moscow)
V.V. Maslennikov (IGG UB RAS, Yekaterinburg; IMin UB RAS, Miass)
Secretary of organizing committee
V.A. Zaitsev (GEOKHI RAS, Moscow)
I.G. Zhukov (IMin UB RAS, Miass)
I.D. Ryabchikov (IGEM RAS, Moscow)
V.N. Anfilogov (IMin UB RAS, Miass)
P.M. Valizer (Ilmen State Reserve, Miass)
V.N. Udachin (IMin UB RAS, Miass)
V.A. Popov (IMin UB RAS, Miass)
E.V. Belogub (IMin UB RAS, Miass)
N.V. Sorokhtina (GEOKHI RAS, Moscow)
S.M. Aksenov (SPbGU RAS, St. Peterburg)
V.N. Ermolaeva (IEM RAS)
J. Kynicky (Mendel University, Czech Republic)
The conference aim is providing a platform for researchers and practitioners to exchange emerging ideas and to investigate key issues:
- Geochemistry, petrology and ore-potential of alkaline and related mafic and granitic magmatism.
- Resources of critical metals in magmatic complexes in various geodynamis settings.
- Petrology, geochemistry and metallogeny of oceanic magmatism.
- Mantle sources and processes controlling genesis of ore-producing magmas.
- Geochemical characteristics and metallogeny of subduction- and collision-related magmatism.
We invite proposals for Sessions or Workshops. Proposals should include the following information:
- The title of the Session/Workshop
- The name, affiliation, mailing address and e-mail address(es) of the proposer(s)
- A description of the topic of the Session (not exceeding 100 words)
- A short description on the means of advertiesement for the Session
The deadline for proposal submission is 1st October 2016. Please send your proposal to:firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) fill out the online questionnaire located at: http://magmas-and-metals.ru/ before 31.01.2017
(2) if you are a presenting author, submit your abstract(s) and publication consent electronically no later than March, 31 following the guidelines at: http://magmas-and-metals.ru/abstracts
XI International School for young scientists will be held in Miass contemporary with the Conference. The main aim of this summer school is to introduce young scientists to the state of art ideas in the field of Earth sciences.
Full Conference registration fee is 200 Euros (student fee is 100 Euros) and includes:
- Attendance of the scientific sessions
- Abstract volume
- Welcome “Icebreaker”
- Refreshments during coffee breaks
- Conference banquet
- Visa support
These fees do not include travel to and from Miass, or accommodation in Miass. Fees for the geological excursions should be paid additionally. Participants can take part in some of one-day field excursions to the famous ore deposits and geological localities of Ural mountains.
You can choose any excursions you want before 31.01.2017 and indicate it in questionnaire. During the February 2017, we will prepare a time-table of excursions to satisfy participants wishes, transportation capacity and reasonable timing.